kale + kabocha squash + chickpeas + craisins

 photo IMG_4117copy_zpse4f366d9.jpg  photo IMG_4111copy_zps56a34a62.jpg  photo IMG_4113copy_zpsb345a13e.jpg  photo IMG_4103copy_zpsa298315c.jpg
Today has been one of the best sorts of days. Several of my classes were canceled and I had nothing of importance to do, so I got to do pretty much whatever I wanted. I actually got to go on a run for the first time in forever, I got to sit down and enjoy a real breakfast, and I got through almost half a season of Survivor on Hulu.
The best.
And here's the best part. The way I see it, eating healthy stuff sort of cancels out the fact that I've been completely lethargic all day! (Because that's definitely how it works, right? Regardless.) Hoping to get rid of the massive headache I acquired during my 4 hours straight of Survivor watching, I threw this together. I'm pretty pleased with the results, if I do say so myself.

REALLY DELICIOUS & ALSO HEALTHY SALAD
kale, chopped or torn into bite-sized pieces
kabocha squash, chopped and roasted with nutmeg and curry powder until soft
pumpkin seeds, roasted
chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
craisins
balsamic vinegar, drizzled over the top

It was an absolutely perfect dinner for an absolutely perfect day.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good -- totally going to make it!! And I LOVE Survivor! I've seen every season since I was 7... We should be Survivor buddies:)

    ReplyDelete